July 20, 2008

All the time in the world

All the time in the world so I sit and I think

How easy it would be for this ship to sink

I think of the struggle to get where I am

And the only word to come outta my mouth was, DAMN!

How did this happen? How'd I get my shit together?

Especially after being so many years without a mother

Let’s not even get started on my father

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother

Now that I mention is that's where the problem is

That man never knew how to handle his bizz

He once said he never wanted me

I need someone to tell me

How could that be?

I know that I'm grown now but that shit still hurts

I need a reason for why I'm made to feel like dirt

I know it's not me

It couldn't be me

He just didn't know how to deal with responsibility

You think that it hurts me

HELL YEA IT HURTS ME!!!!!!

Who the fuck is he to tell me that I should not be?

I vow never to make the same mistakes that he made

Heaven knows he’ll need me someday

All the time in the world so I sit and I think

I’m glad that I finally have the courage to get it down in this blue ink

2 comments:

Leila said...

I remember this in rap.

Phoenix Flame said...

LOL it wasn't rap it was my attempt at spoken word which i guess is a form of rap or rap is a form of spoken word...i dunno. either or...now I'm confused