November 11, 2008

Cigarettes and Me

I have held my ground with regards to my choice to smoke. My friends and family have been trying to get me to quit for a long time. The other day someone asked me how long I have been a smoker and I was embarrassed to realize that i have been smoking for 9 years...9 fucking years. Usually the question is "how old were you when you started smoking". That was usually an easy question to answer. I would simply say that i was 17 when i started. But having to actually think about how many years that actually is. DAMN!!! As much as I enjoy smoking and how much i have become dependent on it, I have made the decision to quit. Posting this here may not make sense when I say that this is a personal decision, it is a personal process. As much as I would appreciate support from everyone, it is my choice and my process. No judgments when I slip up (I know I will). Be patient with me when I become irritable. I ask and thank you all for your support.

No comments: